StationRipper Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > StationRipper - Rip Shoutcast stations to MP3's > Fair Use
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDoes Stationripper break copy protection?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legal music man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does Stationripper break copy protection?
    Posted: 11 January 2005 at 12:00pm
Hi everyone

I live in Denmark, and read an article about Stationripper. Gave it a try, and liked it. But, unlike many people I know, I don't have any desire what-so-ever of breaking copyright laws... So I called the Anti-Pirat-Group (The Danish RIAA), and asked the nice man who answered the phone whether or not me recording from streaming online-radio was a copyright infringement (sorry if I spelled that wrong) or not. And was told, that as long as it is for personal use and the ripping software does not record if the radio station is copy protected, I can record however much I want. So the great question here is - if an online radio station has some sort of copy protection, will Stationripper then break it or just not record that stream? I know that a lot of people don't really care, but I do, and if I risk breaking the laws of my country I'll rather not record any music...

Hope somebody will understand my question and maybe tell me if I can continue to use this nice program...

Thanks in advance from me in Denmark!
jalla View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jalla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 4:33pm
Hej jeg er også dansker... men desværre ved jeg det ikke, men tror dudet er lovligt at lave cd'er af den musik man får og gir det til sine venner?
mytharak View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mytharak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 6:28pm
I agree, but who can tell? It seems that the laws are pretty vague.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic