StationRipper Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > StationRipper - Rip Shoutcast stations to MP3's > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCan’t "Listen"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25March2010 at 10:01pm
The problems with localhost/ip (and possibly writing the playlist to launch) have been fixed in the new beta

More info here: http://www.stationripper.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4301&PID=11020#11020
RPHsiung View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RPHsiung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30March2010 at 9:56am
Not so elegant solution, but finally I can listen to whatever I'm recording with SR,
Set SR with the default port: 10069
Uninstalled Winamps
Set Windows Media Player as the default player for all audio files.
Finally everything is working now.
Definitely Win 7 has some special preference for WMP !!
INShMs View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INShMs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23May2010 at 2:32am
I was having the same issues described here and have tried all the things mentioned with no luck. After playing with the settings I figured out a way to get it working again.

Try go to View>Options>Advanced , and un-check "Create Relay Port"

---running Win7 64-bit, SR v2.91
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23May2010 at 3:45pm
Glad you were able to get it going.

If the Relay port isn't working, that generally means your virus/firewall software isn't allowing StationRipper to create a server port (the replay port). Add StationRipperConsole.exe to your trusted list, and it should work...

-Greg
dyrion View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyrion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27May2010 at 6:06am
just an FYI, i was having the same problem. i solved it, wanted to share the information here.

my config:
- windoze xp sp2
- playlists [.m3u, .pls] associated w/vlc media player
- stationripper 2.95
- stationripper routing port values left at default [10069 & 20069]

as w/the others, ripping worked fine, but couldn't "listen to..." the station, stationripper would not launch vlc.

my solution was [1] add relevent exceptions to my windows firewall, then [2] launch vlc manually, tell it to open a network stream, and give the stream address as http://127.0.0.1:10069. i then saved this as a .m3u playlist. now any time i want to listen to what i'm ripping w/stationripper, i just double-click my playlist, which brings up vlc, then click on the "listen to..." button in stationripper.

thx for the great work on the software!
hz View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22October2010 at 5:54pm
Hi,
can someone explain how the "Listen" button is supposed to work? It does nothing on my PC and I have no idea what it should do exactly.

Sure I can connect a player to one of the relay ports of the console tasks and listen to that station but that is not related to the "Listen" button or do I guess it wrong?

I'd like to have a quick way to switch the station to listen to by the SR!?
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22October2010 at 6:56pm
Hi Hz,

StationRipper just uses your default player to plays music. So when you click Listen, it launches whatever is associated with M3U files.

MOST players will auto-associate. Sounds like yours has not. A easy way to fix this is to browse to the StationRipper folder (after clicking listen) and right click on the StationRipper_LastPlayed.m3u file, click Open With, and click other, then select your music player and check "Always use the select program).

If that doesn't work (because the file is missing) try running as admin.

-Greg
hz View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23October2010 at 5:17am
Thank you very much Greg! That was the info i was looking for. So SR updates a .mru file and launches the player on it.

However I must be doing something wrong because the StationRipper_LastPlayed.m3u file appears not updated or recreated anymore since I installed SR V.98.2. The existing .m3u was probably created by the previous version of SR so the contents doesn't match the current config.

The log and mdb files in the same dir are updated correctly and there's currently 400MB free disk space.
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23October2010 at 11:09am
I've been moving write-files to other places - but this one is still in the run directory. Which can be write-protected under windows 7.

Try running StationRipper as admin and see if that works.

Thanks,
-Greg
leeyn View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leeyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21March2011 at 3:07am
Winamp would only have the '[connecting to host] http://localhost:10069' on the playlist and say 'end of playback'. 。。。
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic