StationRipper Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Beta and in Test > Beta 2.00 (Closed)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRemaining Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remaining Problems
    Posted: 07 October 2004 at 6:09pm

I'd like to get everyone's feedback on any problems they're aware of since the last release of the beta.

I'd like to release V2.00 soon, as it (I beleive) is pretty big improvement over V1.13, but want to make sure everyone things it's pretty clean.

Just respond here with any outstanding problems that you have run into.

Thanks!

-Greg

natedogg View Drop Down
Music Lover
Music Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natedogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 12:28am
i still have my problem< ="text/">zYZwso(1,"zYZTimeout('enableDesignMode()', 20);");
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 10:09am

Hi Nate,

Did you rename the database and try re-installing?

Thanks,

-Greg

Cody View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 12:08pm

I still can't stream 1 long stream (e.g., SteveKraft.com). It gets all chopped up into small parts that are clipped off. I've played with the Detail Controls but am at a loss on what they should be. (Suggestion - How about an option/button at the bottom for "continuous" that will not attempt to split a rip into chunks? This seems like this would be very easy to implement. Otherwise, TALK stations are always going to be an issue.)

And I suggested this before and you seemed cool to it -- I think the HELP for DETAIL Control needs to be expanded and very clear - with examples. I just have no clue what values to be setting to improve the results I'm seeing.

Everything else appears to be working well. There are a few usability nuiscances though. It would be nice to be able to drag & drop directly from MY MUSIC to other folders - like ITUNES. The actual FILE SIZE would be nice to see in that folder as well. There also should be an OK Button on MY STATIONS ... not just Cancel. So there's some room for usability improvements in the next version.

Josh View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 12:58pm
My number one annoyence:

When ripping multiple (I used 3) streams, right clicking one of them, and selecting remove, sometimes removes other streams.. not what I wanted. Very annoying bug

Although this is tons better than 1.3.. thanks for this awesome program!

Josh
Josh View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 12:59pm
Oh, one more quick question, its gonna be for pay? I thought it was going to remain opensource/free :(

Josh
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 5:55pm

I've started a bug list here.  I'd REALLY like to get this new version out soon - trying to support the old is annoying (as some things are fixed or better) and the new version adds a lot.

Josh, my intent at the moment is to have "premium" functions that people will pay for (probably $9.99).  The old stuff will still work as-is, with the possiblity of limiting the # of streams that can be ripped at one time (3? 5? 10?). 

I'd like to add more things to StationRipper (advanced scheduling and other stream times, to name two) but I've been spending a LOT of time on this, considering it's for free :)

-Greg

Josh View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by gratajik gratajik wrote:

I've started a bug list here.  I'd REALLY like to get this new version out soon - trying to support the old is annoying (as some things are fixed or better) and the new version adds a lot.

Josh, my intent at the moment is to have "premium" functions that people will pay for (probably $9.99).  The old stuff will still work as-is, with the possiblity of limiting the # of streams that can be ripped at one time (3? 5? 10?). 

I'd like to add more things to StationRipper (advanced scheduling and other stream times, to name two) but I've been spending a LOT of time on this, considering it's for free :)

-Greg

OK, I understand.. and yes, you do need to make some money and all. The only reason I asked, is this is prolly the best ripper I found, and being a minor (13) I don't have any way of paying for anything :P I mean I really think this awesome program is worth that much, I just don't have any way of doing it lol

Anyway, back on topic.. I agree the new version is great, its a lot nicer than 1.3 or w/e it was.

Josh
natedogg View Drop Down
Music Lover
Music Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natedogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2004 at 12:43am
Originally posted by gratajik gratajik wrote:

[P]Hi Nate,[/P]
[P]Did you rename the [URL=http://www.ratajik.com/StationRipper/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=694&KW=natedogg]database[/URL] and try re-installing?[/P]
[P]Thanks,[/P]
[P]-Greg[/P]

yeah and it still dose the same things
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic