StationRipper Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Beta and in Test > Beta 2.00 (Closed)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedInstructions for Beta

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Instructions for Beta
    Posted: 30 August 2004 at 11:36pm

Please post any issues you find with the 2.0 Beta in this forum. 

To see a list of what's changed in StationRipper from V1.132, see this message.

We're looking for both some testing of the that list of changes, and general testing (just run it against a bunch of stations for a few days - does everything still work?) 

For the subject, please use the format:

TYPE - DESCRIPTION

Type being Suggestion, Minor Problem, Major Problem and the description a short description of the problem.  For example,

Major Problem - Filter is not working

Follow this by any detail of the problem that you can provide. 

PLEASE, review the other messages in this forum to see if a problem has already been reported - if it has, feel free to add any additional info to THAT message.

Thanks!

-Greg

Edited by gratajik
michael27 View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2004 at 12:02pm
Problem on first run after install.

(I installed it over old version, but made a backup of the mbd in a different directory.)

I have XP SP2, and had no issues with previous release of StationRipper.

Everytime I try to run the program, I get a dialog box with the following:
The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'Filter'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

I press the OK button (its the only button), and SR opens up correctly, and I can rip my normal stations.

I also noticed that my DB file is still working (As my previous ripped files are showing up correctly in the list).

Thats it for now.

Good work on the layout!
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2004 at 11:04pm
michael27 View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2004 at 12:02pm
that got rid of my message! working smooth now!

thanks
epausman View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epausman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2004 at 1:44pm

Beta test 2.0b Funf the folllowing issues:

TYPE                DESCRIPTION

MINOR         When cursor moves top of menu icon does not turn focus on (Windows standard).

MINOR           Help file missing (because this is a beta?).

MINOR           Need help for Settings options

MEDIUM        Double clicking SR icon on desk top will bring another session that is already running. Is this right?

MAJOR           If the first session of SR has the option set to “Restart Ripping stations on application start” then are lots of stations killed because of the previous running application.  

gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 12:38am

On the Major - this only happens if you've done the medium, right?

I'll look at adding something to auto-detect it running, as it WILL cause problems if you have two up.

Help files will be done soon - I don't do them until the screens are 100%.

Thanks,

-Greg

Cody View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 5:47pm

Major : I click on a RADIO station in ITUNES. Then go back to SR to find the active station and select it. ALl good so far. I start ripping it and let it run for 10 mins. It's a continuous station (TALK), so I select STOP ALL. The song doesn't show up in my INCOMPLETE song loist unless I quit SR and come back in. Once back into SR, I see the INCOMPLETE 'song'. However, when I click on it to PLAY, it Launces ITUNES but nothing plays.

gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 11:55pm

Hi Cody,

GREAT Catch, thank you! 

I had actually intended copy incomplete to only work on exit - it now will copy when you pause or remove a stream (talk show people will like that hehe).

There was also a change to improve player supporter when listining to a stream - which broke MyMusic - I've fixed that.

Thanks again,

-Greg

Cody View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2004 at 10:35am

Minor (probably) - When I clicked on the link the install BETA 2 (http://www.stationripper.com/release/SR2_Beta.exe), I initially selected OPEN - to actually install it directly from the SR site. The product would not install - I never received a popup (e.g., I AGREE). So I went to the URL again and just clicked on SAVE to download the executable to a working directory. Then I installed it from my local drive.

This behaved this way on 2 of my systems. 1 XP/SP1 and 1 XP/SP2.

Cody View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2004 at 10:48am

Minor (suggestions)

1. in your Help doc. re: the "space between songs" you refer to the values being in millisecs.  I think you should include an example on how to do the multiplication -- for those (of us) challenged by how a millisec relates to a normal second. (e.g, 1 sec = how many millisecs? 1,000,000 ? optionally provide the user the ability to just plug in secs. - and YOU do the math.)

2. I really liked the option to "FIND RUNNING STREAM" as a button on the bottom of the screen (in previous versio). You seem to have the real estate to add that button in V2.0. Would be nice to have it on the screen rather than a pull-down. (e.g., between the LISTEN and ADD button.)

General comments - I like the overall new screen lay out. I also note that SR now auto-launches and plays correctly via ITUNES. I no longer appear to be tied to WINAMP. Was this a redesign feature or a bug in the previous version? In any case, nice.

Cody View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2004 at 11:25am

Another minor suggestion - to provide the SIZE of the file in "MY MUSIC LIBRARY". (This gives us the opportunity of just deleting suspiciously-small files from there ...) 

PS - do you NOT want suggestions posted here for BETA 2 ?

gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2004 at 12:55am

Good ideas, and you can post here if ya want - but it's usually better if you start a new msg for each problem (lets clutter that way).

-Greg

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic