StationRipper Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > StationRipper - Rip Shoutcast stations to MP3's > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFiltering out superfluous metadata (2)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Music Lover
Music Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Rafcio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Filtering out superfluous metadata (2)
    Posted: 10 December 2011 at 3:04am
* This is a second post, because the first one is still pending approval after 2 months! *

I found a station (but there has be many like this one) that sends a lot of garbage (music-wise) in the stream metadata. This makes SR start a new song on each of those messages (and then filter out too small per preferences I set), which basically makes this station close to impossible to record. Things that show up in metadata are "Today is blah, blah, blah,...", "Please vote for your favorite song at blah, blah, blah, ...", etc.

It would be a welcome addition to have a filter that I would configure in options with the phrases that I found to be breaking the recording like "Today is", "Please vote", etc. If any of those phrases is found in the metadata, then the whole metadata chunk should be totally ignored and no new song started at that point. This should be fairly easy to implement I believe (me being a programmer, although quite a long time ago ).

gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 3:23am
Sorry for the delay DJ - lots of spammer in unmoderated posts and I missed your original.

That's a great idea - I will look at adding in the next version. For now, if you want, you could just record to single stream (which isn't MUCH better). Luckily a lot of stations don't do that :)
-Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic