StationRipper Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > StationRipper - Rip Shoutcast stations to MP3's > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPandora

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireftr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pandora
    Posted: 26 February 2011 at 11:31pm
Is ANYBODY able to reliably rip Pandora [under XP], with ALL songs properly titled?

Sometimes I get nothing, just "ripping".

Most of the time I get just the Pandora########.mp3 songs.

Some times I get a few properly named, then a string of Pandora##### songs, then a few more properly named, then more Pandora##### junk, etc.

I always get songs skipped.

Nothing seems to help. I've tried all the workarounds I can find in here.

Black console window is no help. It just says what I already know: Pandora#####.mp3 saved...

If you know how to make Pandora work ALL the time, please share it.

Edited by fireftr - 01 March 2011 at 3:34pm
Niarlan View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niarlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 12:35pm
I'm able to record off of Pandora just fine as far as name and saving goes. Problem on my end is even though it's showing .mp3 as the extension it's not that. I have to rename the extention to .m4a as suggested in another thread and use BonkEnc...now called FR:AC...to re-encode back to MP3.

Here's a snippet from the log:

[Info ] 03/01/11 12:28:27 TheRipperDlg.cpp(6827): Song is New (From last song - new track detect) (LastTrack: Framing Hanley - Lollipop, CurrentTrack: Taio Cruz - Dynamite)
[Info ] 03/01/11 12:28:27 TheRipperDlg.cpp(6860): Song 'Taio Cruz - Dynamite' is New.
[Debug] 03/01/11 12:28:27 TheRipperDlg.cpp(7009): Input: D:\mp3Output\work\Taio Cruz - Dynamite.mp3
[Debug] 03/01/11 12:28:27 TheRipperDlg.cpp(7010): Output: D:\mp3Output\Pandora\Taio Cruz - Dynamite.mp3
[Debug] 03/01/11 12:28:27 TheRipperDlg.cpp(7015): Threaded copy starting for D:\mp3Output\Pandora\Taio Cruz - Dynamite.mp3
[Debug] 03/01/11 12:28:27 TheRipperDlg.cpp(7137): NON Threaded copy starting for D:\mp3Output\Pandora\Taio Cruz - Dynamite.mp3
[Debug] 03/01/11 12:28:27 FileTracker.cpp(268): Path = D:\mp3Output\Pandora\Taio Cruz - Dynamite.mp3
[Info ] 03/01/11 12:28:27 TheRipperDlg.cpp(9539): Copied song to D:\mp3Output\Pandora\Taio Cruz - Dynamite.mp3 (New Song: Taio Cruz - Dynamite, Pandora
[Info ] 03/01/11 12:28:27 SRUtil.cpp(1283): Deleting file D:\mp3Output\work\Taio Cruz - Dynamite.mp3

and then it copies the track to d:\mp3output\pandora with the correct artist/title.

Not sure what's up with it but it's not too bad having to have an extra step.

Nia

fireftr View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireftr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 3:33pm
Well, that really makes no sense. m4a's are the audio part of a DVD video track, not something I would think stationripper would create. Are you using XP, Seven or ?

I'm guessing you're using Vista or Seven, not xp, since I'm getting valid mp3's created with XP always, with proper ID3 tags -> Encspot shows everything proper. Just the name is missing: pandora#######.
Cainmh View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cainmh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 1:05pm
I am confused about the Pandora problem. I installed Stationripper on an xp 32bit and XP 64bit machine and have the same problem. I get the files in the appropriate folder but they are unplayable. I get the artist and name of song in the file name, the size of the file, and the type (MP# audio file). I do not get the duration whish is usually how I determine if the file is worthless. There has been discussion on MP3 vs M4A type files. I can rename the file with a XXXXX.M4a extension but it does not change the file type. How is this changed? Is this supposed to fix the problem?

Mike
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 5:21pm
You'll need to change the file type - sounds like windows isn't showing it to you.

Here's some help to do that:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Show-or-hide-file-name-extensions

http://askabouttech.com/how-to-show-file-extension-in-windows-7/
Cainmh View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cainmh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2011 at 10:33am
Great! I am able to change the extentions to M4a and can play the files. Now do you need to convert them to MP3 to use them in iTunes/iPhone?

Mike Cain
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic