StationRipper Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > StationRipper - Rip Shoutcast stations to MP3's > In the Press
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIngeniøren

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pressman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ingeniøren
    Posted: 12 June 2004 at 9:54pm
Kims View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kims Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2004 at 8:19am

This is an article from the Danish newspaper for engineers.

It tells that now it is legal in Denmark to copy live streaming from legal radio stations for personal use only. There are short tests/information of 2 free programs that can be used to copy live streaming.

gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2004 at 10:12pm

Spiffy. So was it positive about StationRipper?

-Greg

Frogger View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2004 at 3:09pm

Originally posted by Kims Kims wrote:

It tells that now it is legal in Denmark to copy live streaming from legal radio stations for personal use only. There are short tests/information of 2 free programs that can be used to copy live streaming.

Just got this program and it looks great! Only I'm still a little holdback with useing this program because I don't no if it's legally allowed to use this program. Personally, I don't see the difference between copying 'normal' radio on tape and copying Internet radio on disc but I know other people do. (Is this legally forbidden???!?) Now my question: Is it technically possible for other people to see/know that you're actually saving the stream on disk?(and so be able to find you by tracing your IP-adres) I can't answer this question for myself because I don't have the knowledge about the exact working of this program. Because if nobody can detect that your ripping the stream to your harddisk (they only 'see' someone who's listening to an online radiostation)  the whole legality problem of ripping live audio streams is pointless because nobody can discover that your copying the audio to the disc.

Oh, by the way. I got this program with my monthly computer magazine. They were extremely positive about it (five out of five stars!), especially about the fact that you can rip that many streams at the same time. It was included on their disc so hundred of thousands readers have gotten this program in their home.

Oh, sorry for some probable minor spelling and grammar mistakes in this post but English is not my native language you know.

Can anyone answer the questions I stated above?

Edited by Frogger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic