StationRipper Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > StationRipper - Rip Shoutcast stations to MP3's > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWelcome to the new Forums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome to the new Forums
    Posted: 28 August 2009 at 1:11am
You may have noticed that I've finally upgraded the StationRipper forums. I had avoided it as there wasn't a way to bring along all users and posts - but WebWiz has a tool to do that now, so... :)

Sorry for all the issues the last year or so - the constant "attacks" by spammers (some posting hard-core XXX spam) had me doing just about anything to shut them down - which ended up making to tough to post in general.

This new forum will allow me to set moderation-only, so new posts (if set) would need to be approved before they show up.

I have re-enabled GUEST posting (FINALLY! Have not had that for a few years). You can post as a guest, but all guest posts will need to be moderated before they will show up. If you don't want to have to go through moderation, join up and then post.

I can also force moderation on other levels of users, but for right now have that turned off. If spam continues to be a problem, I'll start forcing more moderation. I will still see the spam, but at least other users won't.

Thanks!
-Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic