StationRipper Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > StationRipper - Rip Shoutcast stations to MP3's > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFile Naming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Music Lover
Music Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomwxyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: File Naming
    Posted: 18 June 2009 at 6:14pm
I have been using StationRipper quite a lot lately with great success. I am very happy with it in general. I do have a suggestion to make, though. Could the ability to number the files as they are downloaded be added as an option? This would allow a CD to be written in the random order the files are received rather than alphabetically. I do have a way to reorder the files after-the-fact with another program, if anyone might be interested.

It would also be nice if files could be named %title%%artist% instead of %artist%%title%.

Great work! Thank you,
Tom W.
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 10:08pm
Hi Tom,
For numbering, take a look at View->Options, Premium tab, "Increment Song Names".

-Greg
Twarren View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twarren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2010 at 12:44am
Hi Tom,

What tool you use to arrange MP3sa in random order....I've been looking to find one....I like you hate it when you are forced to burn them in Alpha order....TIA

You may PM to me @ tdubyu@gmail.com

Again TIA....
fireftr View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireftr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 11:26pm
Something like Exact Audio Copy's interface.

Allow the user to specify the %VARIABLES, with regular alpha.

e.g.:

%Artist_%Title-%Album [192]

gives

Randy Ables_Sings the Blues-Randy's Album [192].mp3

as the title.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic