StationRipper Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > StationRipper - Rip Shoutcast stations to MP3's > Last.fm
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLast.fm - ISSUES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Last.fm - ISSUES
    Posted: 20 February 2009 at 7:57pm
As you may have noticed, Last.fm has been having some issues. It appears that they've changed something on their end for how external players work.

I am looking at this, and hope to have a fix soon (but it may be a while - still not sure what changed).

In the mean time, if you just want to download the songs without art and naming, you can using StationSniffer.

Just go to View->Options, Sniffer tab and check "Record all possible music". This will make the sniffer detect the songs that Last.fm is playing.

NOTE: For this to work, you'll need to use it like Last.fm. For instance, log into the Last.fm web site in Firefox, and get it playing in the embedded player. Set up the proxy, start the sniffer... and when Last.fm plays a song on the site, you should see it download.

This is a big switch from doing it in the external player. The upside is - it will record ALL music, including artist stations :)

-Greg
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 7:59pm
Here's some general links on getting the sniffer running. This applies to ANY web site that has in-page streaming, like Pandora and Last.fm. (And remember - doing it this way means you need to not be using the embedded player with last.fm)

http://www.stationripper.com/stationsniffer.htm  & nbsp;
http://www.stationripper.com/wiki/StationSnifferHelp.ashx
adamh View Drop Down
Music Fanatic
Music Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 9:26am
Thanks for looking into it Greg. On the upside, I've been motivated to get recording of AOL radio working. StationSniffer is working great. Unfortunately, I can't get Pandora or Slacker up in Canada.

Thanks,

Adam
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 1:04am
I had a chance to work on this tonight.

I've got a beta of the working Last.fm ripper up. As it's 100% broken in the old one, I've just included this new version in the main download (so just re-download and you'll get it).

I'll be testing it over the weekend. If you have a chance to try it, please let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,
-Greg
freshmeat View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freshmeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 5:40pm
Just downloaded it and its working fine for me, its ripping the music and naming from a last.fm station and the music files play back fine.

however i cant listen to the music while it is being ripped. in station ripper, when i click on the station and then click listen i get this error in windows media player:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct."

any help would be appreciated, thanks
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 9:12pm
Glad it's working!

Do you happen to have any other media players? I THINK it's a issue with WMP, but am not sure. Either way, I will take a look.

-Greg
SteveHem View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 6:50am
I noticed that SR had given up completely on Last FM. It
had been somewhat intermittent previously. I downloaded
the beta and it now works perfectly.

I registered expressly for the purpose of saying how
much I love this software.
adamh View Drop Down
Music Fanatic
Music Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 1:07pm
I'm still experiencing problems ripping last.fm. After three or four songs ripping stops and I get the following error message:

Ripper 2 (LastFM - The Velvet Underground Radio) reported a error:

Error: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full 195.24.233.60:80
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at d.a(Boolean A_0) . Killing stream.
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 1:21pm
Steve - thanks. Sorry it was down for a while, I had to scrounge some time to re-do it.

Adam - are you still getting this problem? Is it doing it all the time? I haven't been able to get it to do this one as of yet. If you re-start, does it work again for a few songs?

I MAY just need to put some re-try into it.

Thanks,
-Greg
adamh View Drop Down
Music Fanatic
Music Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 7:51pm
Yup, still happening. I don't even have to restart SR, just close the error dialog, remove the stream, and then start ripping again. However, it does seem to leave some dead processes and my page file starts to get huge.

Adam
tsauder View Drop Down
Music Lover
Music Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsauder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 5:05am
I use StationRipper 2.91 /F (Mar 7 2009) on Windows Vista. It seems to work OK, but suddenly the lastfmconsole.exe processes stop working. They do nothing any more. I can remove them from StationRipper but not from the Task Manager. Process Explorer, taskkill, kill process can not kill these processes. I can't shutdown Windows Vista anymore. I have to press power off to "shutdown" my notebook.

So I gave it a try on a Windows XP PC and got the same problem as Adam. In my event log I found lots of the following entries:

Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
Event ID: 5000
EventType clr20r3, P1 lastfmconsole.exe, P2 2.0.0.0, P3 49b20bc6, P4 system, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 471ebf0d, P7 2c6a, P8 10f, P9 system.net.sockets.socket, P10 NIL.

I found a comment on www.eventid.net:

Event ID 5000 Source .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting

Maybe you can catch the exception and restart the lastfmconsole process.

With kind regards
Thomas
tsauder View Drop Down
Music Lover
Music Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsauder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 10:47am
One addition to the Windows Vista processes. The LastFmConsole.exe console windows says e.g.;

Recording October Tide - Floating
............................................................ ................time
out for 61seconds

But the process is waiting infinitely. I can't kill the process. I'm waiting for minutes but nothing happens inside the console.

Hope that helps
Thomas
tsauder View Drop Down
Music Lover
Music Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsauder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 2:10pm
A few days ago, I found the cause of my problem. I got a Blue Screen telling me something about some verify-u driver. This is a software I installed for age verification at maxdome.de. I removed this software and suddenly Stationripper is ripping without any hangers (this is VISTA!!). Thank you again for this great software.

Another thing I would like to mention:
I can't rip more than 11 last.fm streams.
Is there any known limitation in Stationripper or
last.fm.

With earlier versions of Stationripper I was able to record more than 20 last.fm streams.

With kind regards
Thomas

Originally posted by tsauder tsauder wrote:

One addition to the Windows Vista processes. The LastFmConsole.exe console windows says e.g.;

Recording October Tide - Floating
............................................................ ................time
out for 61seconds

But the process is waiting infinitely. I can't kill the process. I'm waiting for minutes but nothing happens inside the console.

Hope that helps
Thomas
adamh View Drop Down
Music Fanatic
Music Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 4:35pm
I'm still having problems with last.fm throwing an exception and dying after recording only a few songs. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,

Adam
tyler View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2010 at 11:45pm
I still encounter this bug, about 1 year after it has been reported.

I love to have a solution for this annoying .net framework bug.

Why isnt it resovled ?? Its not a special problem only related to stationripper.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911816

Anyone got a hint for me ? I am a paying customer but those crashes make me mad (and the app unusable).

cheers
leeyn View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leeyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 1:46am
I've been motivated to get recording of AOL radio working. ..

And I got my first one is in canada....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic