StationRipper Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > StationRipper - Rip Shoutcast stations to MP3's > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIE wont load pandora. Firefox will.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schwanke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IE wont load pandora. Firefox will.
    Posted: 08 February 2009 at 8:53pm
I finally figured out the sequence for recording pandora lol.

1) Station Station Ripper
2) Start Station SNIFFER! :D I thought they were the same thing lol. Didnt realize station sniffer is inside station ripper and thats what opens the proxy and does the sniffing.
3) Configure IE/Firefox to use the proxy 127.0.0.1 20069.
4) Open IE/Firefox and go to pandora website.
5) RIP!

Btw, as a note on 3. It IS auto configuring IE for me lol.

I had turned off the proxy and set back to no proxy on IE before I went to bed last night in case I woke up tired and couldnt figure out why IE wasnt working lol.

I checked and made sure this morning that the proxy was not set in IE. It wasnt.

I opened up StationRipper and started StationSniffer and went to set the proxy in IE and low and behold it had already been set lol. (Correctly too hehe)

Was this fixed in a future release since the post that says you have to do it manually or am I just blessed lol.

Now the curse part lol.

When I run Pandora from inside either IE directly or the browser integrated into StationRipper pandora will not load.

The background loads the name Pandora etc but the area that I guess is supposed to be the application part of pandora or whatever just comes up as a big white box.

This happens both both on Xp and Vista with IE 7. I think I have the latest build of IE 7 as I always install the updates microsoft tells me to. Not sure how to check what the actual latest IE 7 is though about on IE 7 on the XP machine shows: 7.0.5730.13

Any ideas?

I'd really like to run pandora just plain inside the StationRipper browser but if I had to inside IE. Really dont want to run it inside firefox cuz I prefer to do the rest of my surfing with Firefox and dont always know when either I or firefox does something stupid and close the window or just plain crash.

As a side note there is something very strange and hard to pin down on the way that StationRipper/Sniffer looses the titles of songs in Pandora. I cant get enough of my head around the circumstances but it looks like it just up and dies and looses them and then changing stations doesnt help but restarting pandora does but only sometimes or something. I am still researching that hopefully for more info for a future release of StationRipper but also for myself to get it to work lol.

Thanks.

--david
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic