StationRipper Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > StationRipper - Rip Shoutcast stations to MP3's > User listed stations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedbreakpirates.com (Oldskool Breakbeats)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0ldsk00lbreax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: breakpirates.com (Oldskool Breakbeats)
    Posted: 26 May 2008 at 10:37am
First sorry for my bad English, as this is not my mothertongue - but I'm sure you'll understand what I want to say.

Since the function in StationRipper v2.87 doesn't seem to function right (I always get the following error -in German-, which says in English: "The following error occured...")

Quote ---------------------------
StationRipper
---------------------------
Folgender Fehler ist aufgetreten RIP Error:
Ripper 1 (http://www.stationportal.com/stationhistory.aspx?u=http://w ww.breakpirates.com/stream.pls) reported a error:

SR_ERROR_INVALID_URL .  Killing stream.
OK  

So I try to put my lovely breakbeat station here:

StreamURLs:
http://www.breakpirates.com/stream.pls (Winamp)
http://www.breakpirates.com/stream.ram (RealPlayer)
http://www.breakpirates.com/stream.asx (Windows Media Player)
http://www.breakpirates.com/stream.m3u (iTunes)

All streams are 128kb MP3!

The station describes itself with the following words:

Quote Break Pirates broadcast breakbeat oriented music live over the Internet every day of the week. From the latest tunes to the old skool classics, you'll find them all here. The station unites DJs worldwide, giving a wider view of the music scene.

So, this station is playing oldskool Breakbeat classics mixed up new by different DJs and they do broadcast 24/7. Sometimes there are also a little bit of Jungle and D&B influences.

They have special "live" shows and in between they send archived shows to keep the stream go 24/7.

I really can recommend the Friday-Show:

22:00 (GMT) Systec & Shar-Pei (Dragon-Technicals) - Oldskool/Hardcore/Breaks (1st & 3rd Friday each month) [Live]

Which are the old DJs from the ex- "Milk" (Mannheim Germany) DJ Team - a real oldskool breakbeat "fan" would surely have heard of them

They sometimes send short commercials, but I never heard others than selfcommercials - in the meaning of - they only promote their own shows, no things like Chewing Gum or Washing Powder and stuff ;)

So, how can I get this station into my own group in stationportal.com named "Breakbeat" so others can also find this station ?

Edited by 0ldsk00lbreax
0ldsk00lbreax View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0ldsk00lbreax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 10:54am
Hi, it's me again - I tried a few other things, even opening the stationportal.com website in the Internet Explorer logging in with my account - but besides of seeing advertisment banners I had no other options for including a station into my group.

Maybe it's only possible for adding stations to my group if I buy StationRipper (only in registered version?) or is this just a bug ? Maybe a bug in the translated version (I'm using the German language version) - or maybe it's just incompatible with Windows Vista 64Bit (which I am using) ?! And yes, I even tried it with disabled firewall.

Well anyone reading this who has succesfully added a station to his own group and can help me with this or give me hints ?

Thank you in advance!

edit: I'm not sure if anyone besides of visitors read this because the last "official" posts I see are dated from 2005, thats 3 years from now. Maybe this project is dead ?!

Edited by 0ldsk00lbreax
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 8:42pm

Hi Olds,

Very much a alive project, thanks :)

This group doesn't get used very much - the User Recommended was for a feature in a old version of StationRipper - the latest uses StationPortal and Groups.

To add a station to a group, that station must already exists on the portal.  I notice the one you are talking about does.

To do this, click mag gladd to the right of "MyGroups", and then enter the station name - Break Pirates.

Click the add Group icon, select which group you want to add to, and click add.

Let me know if that works for you.

So, again, to add a station to a group on the portal, that Station must already be ON the portal.  The best way to find it is via that search I talked about (NOT the one on the left, as that's a bit flaky right now).  We would provide a simple Station list - but there's over 13,000 of them, so search is usually best :)

Thanks,

-Greg

Thanks,

-Greg

Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0ldsk00lbreax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 10:12am
Originally posted by gratajik gratajik wrote:

Hi Olds,

Hi gratajik, thank you for your answer!

To add a station to a group, that station must already exists on the portal.  I notice the one you are talking about does.

I've seen this, but as it shows "Insomnia - Faithless" + "12 days 17 hours ago." I couldn't believe it is that station, there's no display of the stream-url to verify.

To do this, click mag gladd to the right of "MyGroups", and then enter the station name - Break Pirates.

Click the add Group icon, select which group you want to add to, and click add.

Let me know if that works for you.

Sorry?!

I know "mag" as a short of "magazine" and "glad" as a word to describe a thing like happiness. I'm not an English-Mothertongue, so maybe this "mag gladd" means something completely different. I searched a few translation sites, also google - but couldn't find an clue what this means.

Also I couln't find "MyGroups", I tried it in StationRipper (which uses IE 7 to display the site), in IE 7 directly also in Firefox 2 everytimes as a logged in user. I only could find the "Groups" button in the menu on the left and in the "options" of my user (upper right near "loggout") under groups, there is only a link to my group - but no possibility to enter something or click something. (and yes, I have stationportal.com on my trusted sites list in IE - I also lowered the security-level to even allow active-x!)

So, again, to add a station to a group on the portal, that Station must already be ON the portal.  The best way to find it is via that search I talked about (NOT the one on the left, as that's a bit flaky right now).  We would provide a simple Station list - but there's over 13,000 of them, so search is usually best :)

Thanks,

-Greg

Thanks,

-Greg

The search function on the left mainmenu was the only one I could find, as mentioned above. There should be a thing like a status bar or even just a "Please wait - search in progress", because in StationRipper you couldn't see if it's working or not - I clicked about 20-30 times before I thought I just could wait a minute to see if something happens ;)

Thank you very much for your try to help me, maybe you are so kind to help me a bit further.

Edited by 0ldsk00lbreax
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0ldsk00lbreax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 10:25am
Well, after using the search-feature in my browser, I found the "My Groups" under the main menu entry "StationPortal" also the "mag gladd" which is simply a typing error and should be "mag glass" for magnifying-glass i think 

But...there comes no search result

edit: ok, in Firefox 2 - there's no search result at all - when using StationRipper (which renders with IE) there came the right station - and found the button for adding this to my group - and it worked!

Thank you very much for your help!

And a direct "wish" for future versions - maybe a button with "add station" and a search field in the group directly would make things a bit easier and maybe a better support for Firefox User (not tested with Opera or Safari)

I also love the "station map"-feature of stationportal (even if it rushes through the stations and sometimes the pictures has no time to load it hops to the next with no option to stop or go back and forth - it is like a very very fast slideshow), there should be a "station map" option for every station where available to show this station on the map.

This maps doesn't load in StationRipper but directly in IE7 and Firefox 2 they show up.

Also it lacks the possibility to edit the own station comments and CR/LF (Carriage Return/Line Feed) doesn't work also in comments, so one could not format his comment and it looks like a big text desert.

And a hug PLUS at the end - I love the minimalistic style of the stationportal site. No useless GFX, just focused on the main thing - radio stations.

Just my quick ideas

THX

0ldsk00lbreax

Edited by 0ldsk00lbreax
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic