StationRipper Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > StationRipper - Rip Shoutcast stations to MP3's > Last.fm
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedjust bought station ripper today.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotfactory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: just bought station ripper today.
    Posted: 07 March 2008 at 6:58pm

i cant figure out how record last fm. the help info doesn't explain anything in detail. i want to record last fm similar artist radio but all i can record is the default station included with stream ripper. 

Edited by robotfactory
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 7:11pm

I would recommend looking here first: http://www.stationripper.com/wiki/Recording_LastFM.ashx

There's some things you need to do to get Last.fm recording set up, and that goes over it.

Umm.. what non functioning demo are you refering to?

Thanks,

-Greg

robotfactory View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotfactory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 8:05pm

i really did buy it :) im referring  to the demo i tried  out before i bought station ripper. it wouldnt let me try out recording last fm.
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 8:26pm

Ah, yeah, some things are disabled in the free version - and that's one of them.

Did those instructions help?

-Greg

Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotfactory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 10:43am

hi. im recording last fm. but i dont know if im doing this correct. what im doing is, (using firefox) 1). go to last fm site. 2). select listen,type in similar artist, and the song plays.

however, the song starts playing in the  last fm website player. i did go to website, and select play in all. but it keeps playing in the web player. i think thats my biggest problem. once it plays in the web player, im forced to select "play in software" once i do, the song continues to play in the web player then another completely different song plays in the external software player so i have two songs playing at once.

then im forced to stop the the external player, and it closes out the external player and brings me to the hello (insert user name here) page. so then im forced to close the external player as it useless. and close the last fm website. then i go into station rippper. listen type in my similar artist, select "play in software" and then it gives the green recoording light, and it records into station ripper.

i must be doing a few things wrong as it seems like a lot of extra steps, when i could just load up station ripper with out even opening the last fm site or loading the last fm player.
once i do this, and station ripper is recording, i press listen in the recording area and winamp opens and plays the station. so i can listen to the song while its recording. also, when i look at the last fm site in station ripper, the now playing song says one song, but the song playing at the bottom says a completely different song is playing. and when i skip forward in the now playing box, if i continue to skip songs, every time i skip a song, now playing keeps showing different songs then whats recording.

however, the song does switch at the bottom every time i skip forward in the now playing box. if i keep skipping forward after about six times after pressing skip in the now playing box, i get a message thats says, "not enough content to play this station. oops! we had a problem connecting." the recording box however, still says recording, and the gren box is lit, and it shows the song size getting bigger as its records.

then i click listen, type in similar artist again, and click play in software
again. then i get a message that says, "im sorry. but i appear to be already recording that station" and it lists the correct similar artist in the recording box. then i click on the correct similar artist and press listen and it again plays in winamp.

whats wrong? i want to continue to skip through infinitely and press love, hate, like i do on the last fm website. is this not possible in station ripper? how exactly, is a last fm station defined? is it not actually a station but but rather a song played by last fm users that i log into to hear?

that would explain why after skipping forward while recording, i get the "not enough content" message. is it because the song isn't playing anymore? i hope i have explained the problem im having in enough detail.

Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotfactory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 12:21pm

i cant record very long because i get a "im sorry but there was a record error. stream ended. killing stream.
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 12:29pm

Well, first, you need to bring up IE and set things up. StationRipper embeds IE - so it will need to be set up to record external.

StationRipper doesn't do the like/hate thing right now - it's more intended to record whatever comes down, and you can get rid of what you dont' like after.

Try to set up IE first, and let me know if that helps.

-Greg

Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotfactory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 7:16pm

k. i did indeed get the program recording last fm. in fact im currently recording 5 stations :) and ive been successfully  recording the last fm similar artist for a good hour now.

station ripper records shoutcast very well. i guess the only problem im having now is trying to understand why if i go to sleep and record last fm, when i wake up it says, "im sorry but there was a record error. stream ended. killing stream" why does this mean?

also, how do i record for then one last fm station at a time? the wiki says  i need to have seperate last fm accounts. what does this mean?

Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotfactory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 8:11pm

hi. i cant figure out why last fm similar artist only plays for a short while. if i start recording, after an hour or so i get this message, "im sorry but there was a record error. stream ended. killing stream" also i have another question,

i also use this other program called the last ripper which is a last fm recorder. i noticed that when i use the last ripper, i get better results then in station ripper. genre wise i mean. maybe its just me. i dont know if theres a problem on my side, but the last ripper doesn't cut out on me.

so im trying to understand what im doing wrong for station ripper to keep kicking me out.

edit: the last ripper also kicks out. is this normal for me to be kicked out after a certain time when recording last fm?

cheers! im sure well get this problem figured out :)

Edited by robotfactory
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotfactory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2008 at 9:15pm

ugh im getting frustrated :(  i cant figure this out.  please help me. so  i can record shoutcast great.  i seem to be encounter a wall of problems.

can you please  tell me  in exact instructions  what i need to do.  ugh so many problems. as said before, im opening last fm site in ie,  i can listen to music just fine.  when i try to record  my fav artist radio.  lets say its a  list of the artists songs.  not the  artist similar  songs.  i have to click on the main artist pic  so i can listen to the  the  artist 3  or 4 songs. 

once i click on the  artist  pic with  his listed  songs,  the  page opens  in mozzila :bangs head:  so  i  have to record  his similar  artist instead. 

so then  i go to do that,  and the  stream records  and then  after like  an  hour,  the stream dies.  what s wrong?
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2008 at 9:23pm

When it stops recording, that means that last.fm sent down a "end of list" indication.  I am looking at having StationRipper auto re-start Last.fm, which should in theory deal with this better.

On the artist songs - is that the new stuff, where you can record specific tracks? If so, Last.fm has not allowed that to be played or recorded outside of the web site.

And when is mozzila openeing? You mean you are inside of StationRipper, click something, and mozilla is opening? It SHOULD all be IE..

The basic rule is, if you can click on something in IE and listen to it with the external Last.fm player, then you should be able to record it in StationRipper.

-Greg

Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotfactory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2008 at 5:40pm

ah ok. that cleared it up pretty good :) my mistake, ie is opening not mozzila. ok. i was wondering why i kept loosing my last fm stream. yes, i was indeed trying to record the artists actual songs.

cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic