StationRipper Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > StationRipper - Rip Shoutcast stations to MP3's > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMore flexible filtering

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igolovkine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More flexible filtering
    Posted: 29 February 2008 at 7:41am
I just bought StationRipper Gold, amazing application overall!

However I have few suggestions regarding filtering:

1. When filtering by a song name, instead of ripping the station and not writing anything to the disk, would it not be possible to allow us to specify some sort of an interval at which the application would "sample" the stream and check against the filters? In my case I'm using the application to rip a 256bit stream and would like to save on traffic  (if  I leave it  24x7 then its 87GB a month).
  2. It would be nice to have more flexibility with scheduling. Say I want the application to rip between 06:00 - 12:00 then 16:00 - 20:00 and then 22:00 to 00:00. Ideally it would also allow to specify different schedules for different days of the week, but that would be asking for too much I guess :)
Thank you very much for reading my suggestions!

Actually, regarding point number 2, I managed to achieve this by using the console version and built in scheduler, so its not something i couldnt live with :)

Edited by igolovkine
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 1:36am

For #1 - the problem is, if I just look sometimes, it would NEVER get the start of a song (which is why the first song is general incomplete).  I pretty much have to sample the stream all the time to get the first bit.

#2 - Yep, I've wanted to do this.  It will likely be a 3.0 thing - which will be a re-write in .NET

Thanks,

-Greg

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic