StationRipper Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > StationRipper - Rip Shoutcast stations to MP3's > User listed stations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhow i can add a new radiostation for rip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francisco29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how i can add a new radiostation for rip
    Posted: 08 July 2007 at 9:24am

Hi, i am a registered user,i have the v2.82A of stationripper in this version where is the add button? i dont see this button.  HOW I CAN ADD A NEW RADIOSTATION FOR A RIP?   IN THIS VERSION I HAVENT THE ADD BUTTON.

meanderer View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 7:56pm
I don't think that this question has been answered anywhere yet. Does anyone know how to add stations? I've been really happy by the ones that have been recommended by other people. If I find a good station how can I rip it? It would be good to have an answer here because I think it's been asked a number of times.
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 8:27pm

Yep, common question.

There's a "Add" button at the bottom of the screen (next to Listen).  Enter the URL to the stations SERVER into the field to the right, and then click the add button.

-Greg

meanderer View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 8:37pm
Thanks for that. I must be such a dummy to have missed it! I can't wait to get home and try it out. Thanks again.
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 9:32pm

No problem - a common question, so I probably need to re-design that area :)

-Greg

hitech View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 11:13am
Wow, I feel like such a nub haha

Been looking for the last 20 min or so online trying to find out how to add a stream by its URL ... and all I had to do was look at the VERY bottom of the screen lol

That may be a hint for you developers :P  Don't put that bar so low in the window (or increase its height), I couldnt find even even when I was actively scanning everything in Stationripper GUI, i'm also blind apparently :P but it could stand to be placed at a better position.

Anyways, not knocking stationrippr, was just a 'constructive criticism', i'm knocking myself for being a blind nub lol
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 4:56pm

Yep, a lot of people have had that problem, it's not just you :)

At some point, I plan on 100% re-doing the StationRipper interface (probably in .NET WinForm or WPF).  The problem is, to do that will take a re-write of the entire app, so it's gonna be a while :)

I may try to do internm fix... but I don't want to invest a lot of time re-doing the old app, when doing it in .NET will allow me to do much MORE with the interface.

Thanks for the suggestion,

-Greg

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic