StationRipper Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > StationRipper - Rip Shoutcast stations to MP3's > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedStop ripping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stop ripping
    Posted: 21 June 2007 at 9:42am

I have been wondering how to stop playing without interrupting the whole thing. A quick search in the forum gave me the answer: Stop media player (which does not show up in taskbar, meaning that I have to go to windows joblist - right?).

So I was wondering... I cannot be impossible to make a button/option IN stationripper saying "stop listening"? I know it isn't a big thing but... It would be nice

Edited by Chalberg
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 6:22pm

Uh - not sure what you mean.  You can stop all streams, stop a indivual stream or stop a stream after the current song is done recording (last two available by right clicking on a stream).

StationRipper doesn't PLAY the streams - it uses the defaul player you have set up.  If that's WinAmp, you can go to WinAmp settings to always show it in the task bar (a very annoying default on WinAmp's part)

-Greg

Chalberg View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 6:30pm

Ah sorry. I see why you were confused - of course I meant playing instead of ripping. (See edit in first post)

I found the thing about winamp in the forum. But I do not use winamp.

Anyway, wouldn't it be easier (for not very computer-clever users like me at least) with an option IN stationripper? I mean... If you can make one called "Start listening", it should be possible to make one called "stop listening" as well. Or?

Edited by Chalberg
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 7:10pm

:) Probably not.

I just launche the player, passing the stream URL.  I could in theory track what got launched and kill the process.. but that could lead to all kinds of problems.

Eventually I plan to have a internal player.. but I'm not sure when that will be.

-Greg

Chalberg View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 6:10am

Okay. I will look forward to that, then. And stop playing the other way in the meantime... :)

Btw I think it's cool that so many new things are going on with Stationripper all the time... It's getting even better.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic