StationRipper Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > StationRipper - Rip Shoutcast stations to MP3's > User listed stations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTeam 1200 Ottawa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle :o) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Team 1200 Ottawa
    Posted: 29 August 2005 at 11:49am
Can anyone tell me if this program will be able to record the live broadcasting from Team 1200 out of Ottawa?  Web URL is http://www.team1200.com and you click on the "Listen Live" link near the top right of the page.  I am a die-hard Seantors fans and want to record games when the Sens are on the west coast and listen to them the next day on my iPod or Windows Media Player on my work PC.
x420x View Drop Down
Music Fanatic
Music Fanatic
StationRipper Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x420x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2005 at 2:54pm

Sorry....looks like either Windows Media Player or Real Player,there are programs that will record those types of streams

Try here http://all-streaming-media.com/

Since you don't need file splitting or tagging for what your recording I might suggest a couple of alternatives,one is Audacity(Freeware) which will record to .wav but you can get a .mp3 plug in to convert on the fly,if you have a Creative Sound Card,it came with Creative media Source software,it also will record.

Total Recorder is a great program that will cost around $14 CDN and will do many functions including converting to .wav .ogg .mp3 and others(no file tagging or splitting)

On a side note why do you want to torture your self,  the west cost swing is going to be tough,my LA Kings have add Pavel Dimitri,Valeri Bure,and Jeremy Ronick,with the new rules opening up the game the addition of these high scorers is going to be very exciting,our only ? is a young and little experienced goal tending duo.

What do think about Heatly for Hossa ?.....I think it wasn't too good for Ottawa.

Anyway it's great to be talking hockey again after such a long absence...good luck to your Sens,maybe we'll be talking Stanley Cup some day  

~Trey~

Kyle :o) View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle :o) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2005 at 6:40pm
Hmmm ... well if I have to choose, I'd rather use Media Player above RealPlayer, as everytime I use it ... it hijacks my startup.  Is there a place online I can look for info on how to use WMP for recording from their stream?

Wait ... you said Creative?  I've got a SoundBlaster Live! card, probably a few years old, but I don't seem to have the software you're talking about.  Mine came out prior to Win XPs release and I was adviced by Creative not to use the software or drivers from my original CD-ROM.

Any links on "how to" would be most helpful!  I've written to the company handling their streaming to see if I can get it another way, but so far no reply.  And with the pre-season just weeks away I'm anxious to run a few tests prior to the first games.

As for hockey ... yes I'm so glad it's back and can't wait to see what transpires after the salary cap has been put into place along with the rule changes and modifications.  I know that there will be few west coast games for my Senators, but still what few there are I want to be able to record ... as well as other games for listening to at work on nights I've got other things to do.

Thanks for any help and URLs you can give!
x420x View Drop Down
Music Fanatic
Music Fanatic
StationRipper Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x420x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2005 at 9:14pm

Here's the download link to the newest Media Source Software

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?Driver Lang=1033&searchString=CMS_PCAPP_LB_3_30_21.exe&Imag e4.x=19&Image4.y=9&details=1&campid=20625  

I am out of town today so I don't know if Creative will play a WMP stream.if it does not you can play your stream in WMP   ( I hate it with a vengenace too)  and open Creative and set it to record "What You Here"

Good Luck

~Trey~

will be home late PDT tonight so if you have questions post 'em and I'll try to get toit tonight or tommorrow

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic