StationRipper Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > StationRipper - Rip Shoutcast stations to MP3's > In the Press
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTV2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josendk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV2
    Posted: 06 March 2005 at 10:43am
Stationripper was on danish TV. They said that some guy made a danish manual on have to use the program. But I cant find it anywhere.
Anyways: Finally a way to get free songs legaly. My mother says that she thinks its a good idea to buy the program. Maybe she will pay it for me. :)

But I have a wef questions...what if a radiostation has downloaded its songs from an illegal P2P program? Are these radio-stations 100% reliable?

Because I dont want to buy the program, download songs and then find out that I did something illegal.

btw. if I buy the program, can I just like search for "like toy soldiers" and then pick a radio station and download the whole song? That's what I am expecting.

I have read that it is illegal to burn the songs that you have downloaded with this program over to a CD. Is it also illegal to copy them over on my iPod?

I have also read that you can buy the songs that you have downloaded in the program. Does this mean that it actually isnt legal to download the songs and just hear them?

Edited by josendk
Andreas View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andreas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 5:30pm
Hi Josendk

You can find the guide and more information here: http://dr.dk/rabatten/arkiv/2005/marts/02_stationrip.htm

you can also read more in the forum at freefiles.dk

as far as i know it is legal, as long as the stations you are ripping haven't encrypted the data.

btw. if I buy the program, can I just like search for "like toy soldiers" and then pick a radio station and download the whole song? That's what I am expecting.

That is not possible right know but maybe in the future It would certainly be a nice feature

I have read that it is illegal to burn the songs that you have downloaded with this program over to a CD. Is it also illegal to copy them over on my iPod?

It is legal as long as it is for private use and you do not distribute the music..

Sorry if what I have said is not all true, but I am also new at this (first day actually)

josendk View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josendk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2005 at 10:43am
I just bought the program. Its awesome. Right now Im hoping that oen of the stations will start playing "Linkin Park/Jay-Z - Numb/Encore" so it will rip that whole song. When I search for that song and tunes in it starts ripping the song from where in the song the radio was playing when I pressed "tune in". So I just guess its like with a radio and a tape recorder...I have to wait and hope. But thats alright, as long as its free and legal
freefilesdk View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freefilesdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2005 at 2:18pm

Originally posted by josendk josendk wrote:

Stationripper was on danish TV. They said that some guy made a danish manual on have to use the program. But I cant find it anywhere.
Anyways: Finally a way to get free songs legaly. My mother says that she thinks its a good idea to buy the program. Maybe she will pay it for me. :)

But I have a wef questions...what if a radiostation has downloaded its songs from an illegal P2P program? Are these radio-stations 100% reliable?

Because I dont want to buy the program, download songs and then find out that I did something illegal.

I have also read that you can buy the songs that you have downloaded in the program. Does this mean that it actually isnt legal to download the songs and just hear them?

Hejsa josendk

I mangel af bedre kan du prøve på vores officielle DK site her :

http://www.stationripper.dk

Her vil du også kunne finde samtlige download locations til DK Guide samt SR v. 2.1.2

m.v.h.

Hans Jørgen Gylling
admin
www.freefiles.dk
www.stationripper.dk

josendk View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josendk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2005 at 2:38pm
ok sejt. Jeg vidste ikke at der også var en dansk side. jeg prøvede sådan set bare at finde ud af om det var 100% lovligt. Og det har jeg jo fundet ud af at det er. Det er ligesom min filosofi ikke at gøre noget som helst ulovligt. Så det er extremt vigtigt for mig. Men der er jo ikke noget galt med at udnytte "huller i lovgivningen". Hvis de gjorde det ulovligt at optage fra en netradio kunne de ligeså godt gøre det ulovligt overhovedet at høre radio.
leeyn View Drop Down
Music Listener
Music Listener

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leeyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 1:52am
I think .I have to wait and hope. But thats alright, as long as its free and legal.........
Keisha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 11:05pm
That's not just the best asnewr. It's the bestest answer!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic