StationRipper Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > StationRipper - Rip Shoutcast stations to MP3's > User listed stations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedREAD FIRST

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: READ FIRST
    Posted: 03 February 2005 at 10:05pm

A new feature in V2.10+ will allow users to post links to their favorite streams.  These links will be available from the main portal - if other users bring the page up in the portal and click a link to a stream, they'll start to record it.

RULES:

1.  The station allows ripping (or doesn't explicitly ban it).  I don't want to get into fights with broadcasters about being on this list (even though those that want to expand audience may find it handy). If their web pages says it's not allowed, the post will be removed and it won't be on the list.

2.  The station has a main web page (that lists rules, etc).  This is to verify the policy's of the station, and is a good indication that the station is not a temporary, personal one.

3.  The station must be a 24x7 station.  That is, it's not a stream that someone is putting up on a home machine or one that's up once a week.

4.  128k streams or better.  This isn't hard and fast, but for everything but talk radio I would think "good" streams would be at least 128k.

If any suggestions are posted that don't meet the above criteria, the entry will be deleted (especially #1!).  This list WILL be moderated - if the station doesn't have a good playlist, breaks up a lot, lots of commercials, et al., it may be removed by the admin.

To Post:

Get the URL - either the actual URL to the station or a url to the PLS.  Examples:

http://205.188.234.38:8070  (direct to the station)
http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-playlist.pls?rn=3684 68&file=filename.pls (link to a PLS file - doesn't need to be on shoutcast, any url with a .pls at the end will work)

Please post the name of the station, the URL, and a BRIEF description - we want to keep the list brief and to the point.

The direct URL to the list is here.  This can be accessed via the portal "UserR" or "User Recommended" links.  The links on this page will only be useful inside of StationRipper.

Thanks!
-Greg

Edited by gratajik
Jay View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2005 at 11:07am
I have a question.   i  added a station  to the station list  and once i rip it,  I cant find it  to burn it to a  cd???   what a m i doing wrong?< ="">
kwag View Drop Down
Music Lover
Music Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2005 at 8:04am
I sure wish people would follow these rules, and stop posting invalid links of stations that don't sync start/end tags with the music.

@Greg,

Maybe submissions should be validated before being posted?

-Karl

Edited by kwag
danielle View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danielle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 1:23pm

J'espère que vous parlez français

Je reçois un message d'erreur à chaque fois que je clique sur"tune in".Que dois-je faire POUR QUE CELA FONCTIONNE?

Merci

mm View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 1:25pm
What's the error? Probably should go over to the bug forum and post the log....
fefay View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fefay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2005 at 3:04pm

StationRipper Console : Parent appears to have died, stopping rip

I've got this message when i click on "Tune-In"

What i've to do?

Knuck View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 1:02pm

moi aussi je suis français "danielle" et g le même problème!!

toujours des messages d'erreur...

je pense que les gens mettent des liens sans réfléchir mais ttes ces radios n'émettent pas en shoutcast!!

Yo View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2005 at 6:12am
oué c'est un peu la pagaille
whiteeterna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiteeterna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2005 at 9:16am
bjr,
  une bonne station pour les amateurs de rock , le rip y fonctionne parfaitement..
  www.9412 the rock station
  bonne ecoute a toutes et tous
whiteeterna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiteeterna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2005 at 9:17am
heu  n'oubliez pas le  .com dans l'url....

amateurs de winamp vous la trouverez failement dans la rubrique radios internet.....
Carrique View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carrique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 9:43am
Originally posted by gratajik gratajik wrote:

RULES:

4.  128k streams or better.  This isn't hard and fast, but for everything but talk radio I would think "good" streams would be at least 128k.

What if is an aacplus stream (though it's bitrate often is 32k or 48k it's quality pairs any conventional 128k mp3 stream)?  I think you should allow it, but I would like to know an official position about it
STEED View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STEED Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 9:33am
Quelqu'un a t-il une soluce pour enregistrer fréquence3?
gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 5:53pm

Sure.,

kwag View Drop Down
Music Lover
Music Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2005 at 11:22pm
I've had to disable my E-Mail notifications on this forum, due to this jerk.

@gratajik,

Could you ban the IP of this idiot posting the links?
Thanks.

gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 12:07pm
Yeah, I do, but they keep using different IP's.  I beleive it's actually a company that script-spams forumns.  I'll ban the entre subnet he's coming from *sigh*
x420x View Drop Down
Music Fanatic
Music Fanatic
StationRipper Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x420x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 2:53pm

I hope it's the one that is spamming from 61.XXX.XXX.XXX  so stupid that he spams in what is probably Chinese characters (subnet is from China) and looks like nothing but gibberish to me since I don't allow font downloads

Karl View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 6:32pm
Hi gratajik,

Maybe you should make the forum available only to registered users?

Cheers,
-Karl

gratajik View Drop Down
Music Guru
Music Guru
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gratajik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 6:54pm

Yeah, I know - I have tried very hard to keep it open to anyone, as a lot of new users with one question rather not have to register.

If it continues, I'll have to lock it down.  If that doesn't help, then it will be registered users after review.  If that doesn't work, then I'll just shut the forum down (go into read-only mode so people can see old answers) and go to 100% e-mail based support.

-Greg

x420x View Drop Down
Music Fanatic
Music Fanatic
StationRipper Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x420x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by gratajik gratajik wrote:

and go to 100% e-mail based support.

-Greg

You have that much time to answer e-mails ?     

I mean some..no a lot of the questions asked here could be answered if people just looked at the documentation.many are confused as to what format Stationripper will work with,actually that seems like the majority of questions then the rest have legitimate problems with the program not working.

If you go that route(and I would hate to see the boards close)maybe put out documentation is English,French,and German(possibly Dutch also)

~Trey~

kwag View Drop Down
Music Lover
Music Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 9:56pm
I think the best solution would be to disable "Guest" posts, and force everyone to register.
That way, the "script kiddies" can't post automatically in the forum.
If that fails, then only alow registrations "after" people purchase StationRipper.

-Karl

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic