V2.21 - Change Log (4/10/05)
With version 2.20, you can now set default Genre and
Comments AND set Genre and Comments per Station.
- This version will allow you to select a default Genre
and Comments (see the View->Options->Music tab). All songs will have
this tag info in all MP3 files. This info will let you, for example, use
iTunes to better organize your music.
- Show what you are recording, and stats about what
StationRipper is doing, via MSN "Now Playing".
- Premium users can select a Genre and Comment for each
Station - as most stations play one type of music, this will set most music to
the correct Genre, if used.
- "Remove stream after Ripping" - This right click menu
option on the ripping station list will cause the station to be stopped and
removed after the current song has finished.
- Restart last running - this option has some problems, in
it would pick up stations that had been stopped before the last restart.
This should work better now..
Cumulative list of changes since last major
- StationRipper can now record Podcasts. Take a
look at this for more info.
- iTunes Integration! As songs complete, they can
be added it iTunes playlist ("StationRipper", the Stations name, or your own
custom name), and one playlist can be auto-played after the first song has
been recorded. We HIGHLY recommend using this if you have iTunes - one
thing that's been missing from StationRipper is the management of the music
you record - this fills that gap nicely
- A full-size window (that you can maximize and re-size) of what's
ripping can now be seen by pressing the "Enlarge" button next to
User recommendations can now be posted - have a Station that you
like? Post it and others can record from it.Warning when trying to
delete files in MyMusic.
- Allow you to select a default Genre and Comments (see
the View->Options->Music tab). All songs will have this tag info in all
MP3 files. This info will let you, for example, use iTunes to better
organize your music.
- Song Title/Artist no longer have space in ID3 tag.
- Some valid stations in User Recommendations were having trouble - Fixed.
(Also cleaned up the list)
- Fix for trap (MDAC problems, GenericException errors).
- Fix for restart X last stations
- Fix for # of Stations Running (was incorrectly reporting the # after
certain types of errors).
- Fix for Status icon sometimes showing the incorrect status.Fix for some stations getting SR_ERROR_NO_HTTP_HEADER
- # of Podcasts and Shoutcasts limits not counted together for unregistered
- # of Podcasts limit increased to 10 for unregistered version.
- Icons added to main recording window and status window.
- Cleanup of Podcast window (tried to make to clearer, and entire window now
visible on lower resolution setups).Better link detection on User Recommendation page (can now take a direct
- "Force Podcast" checkbox now works on main screen - mainly used for User
- "Max K" on Premium screen (used to skip some commercials) is now really in
K, not bytes.Max number of simultaneous streams that can be ripped in the
registered version is now 600.
- When deleting files in MyMusic, will
now send the deleted files to the Recycle Bin.
- Removed Chat Button.
- For users having problems starting
StationRipper, this version should fix that.
- More fixes for some stations that
weren't having files copied correctly.More fixes for filename problems.
- Fixed Import of MP3 files.
- Option to increment song names.
- "File Splitting" added to Right-click
on stations. You can change the split point by the # of seconds
(so if the track changes 5 seconds after the title changes, enter "5"
for seconds and "after" for when).
- New Advanced Option added, "Invalid
Character Rules". For new users and users with small previously
recorded libraries by StationRipperTM
, it is recommended that you select "Use New invalid character rules".
This will replace invalid characters in file and station names with a
dash (-), and support multibyte. If you uncheck this, the "old"
rules will be used (non-multibyte and invalid characters will be
removed with no replacement). OLD users with large libraries November
want to use un-select this option so StationRipper won't record music
you've already got. The default for this option is to use the
new rules. ONLY SELECT CHECKED OR UNCHECKED. Changing this option will
result in the same music being recorded twice to your library, with
slightly different names.
- Bug fixed in how stations are
removed. Will now only remove the selected station(s) when
remove is clicked from pop-up.
- Show size of songs in MyMusic (NOTE:
Will only work from any songs recorded forward. Import sizes
will be in the next release).
- Some minor GUI fixes.
- Stop the "browser running" icon from
running forever when an external window is launched.
- New option to Show/Not show animated
- Improved Version information screen
- Improved File Splitting (it will now
figure out the "Silence" window based on the # of seconds you enter).
- Another fix for files not getting
- Fix for version system.
- File names were getting "mp3.mp3" on the end -
this version fixes that